This week I thought I would talk about the differences between zoom lenses and prime lenses. I have a 75-350mm f1.4-5.6 Canon Zoom Lens and a 85mm f1.8 Canon Prime Lens so I will use these in some of my examples but I would love to hear what your go to Zoom and Prime lenses are so leave those in the comments below.
- Is a lens that has only one focal length.
- You often see cleaner, crisp shots when shooting with fixed lenses.
- Prime lenses are often smaller and lighter compared to zoom lenses
- In general, prime lenses are faster in terms of aperture.
- They often allow you to shoot in lower light without the need for a flash
- Is a lens that has a range of focal lengths in one lens.
- They are convenient to carry because you can shoot at both wide and long lengths without having to switch lenses.
- Although zoom lenses can be more expensive than prime lenses, it can be the cheaper option in terms of having to purchase multiple focal lengths.
When you are looking to purchase a new lens, think about what you are needing that particular lens for because you might benefit from one over the other.
I would love to hear some of your favorite lenses leave your comments below! And also visit me on Facebook!