It is getting closer and closer to the big day! So I thought I would do a shout out to our wonderful photographer. As a photographer myself, finding a someone to photograph our wedding was going to be a big challenge for me because I am already extremely picky. So when I learned that a friend and colleague of mine was available for hire, I jumped on the opportunity.
Yesterday we met with our lovely wedding photographer, Carlie Monae : www.behance.net/Carliemonae. We went over our shot list and what as a couple we are looking for from her on our big day. I went to school with Carlie and knew she would be the perfect photographer for us. She is very creative and has for an eye for every little detail. She has been absolutely wonderful and I am so excited to work with her. Carlie also runs a makeup blog so if that is something that you are interested in learning about, shoot over to her blog! carliemonae.wordpress.com
This week I also wanted to share with you 10 questions that you should ask your photographer before you hire him/her. How exciting, right?! So lets begin!
- How many weddings have you shot?
- What is your primary style?
- Will the photos be retouched and color balanced?
- Our wedding is in _____, do you travel?
- Do you charge travel fees?
- What are your packages?
- What do they include?
- What do each cost?
- How many hours of coverage do those package cover?
- What is the charge for overtime?
- Do you have a booking fee?
- Do you have a backup photographer if you are sick?
- Is there going to be a second shooter or assistants?
- Do they have a fee?
- What are your restrictions for sharing photos online?
- How long after the event will the proofs, album, etc(depending on your package) be ready?
I apologize if these types of blogs aren’t your favorite, I promise we will go back to normal after the wedding! Thank you for sticking beside me.